Vegetable Pasta Bake
Submitted by Dave
Healthy and high in fibre, this is quite a filling meal so you'll eat relatively less. And it's also very easy to prepare.
- 200g macaroni pasta
- 1 medium aubergine, chopped in small chunks
- 1 tomato, chopped in small chunks
- 2 capsicums, chopped in small chunks
- 3-4 large button mushrooms, chopped in small chunks
- 20 pitted black olives, cut into rings
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 200ml tomato paste
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- Pinch of salt and ground pepper
- A bunch of baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon plain flour diluted in 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Boil the pasta for about 5 minutes, strain and place into a large casserole dish.
- Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan, sauteé the garlic and onion till soft, add in basil, chopped capsicum, tomato
and aubergine, further sauteé; for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the olives, mushrooms, the tomato paste and the water, and keep stirring till it is about to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper, turn off the heat then stir in the baby spincah leaves and flour paste.
- Pour it into the casserole and mix well with the pasta.
- Plcae the dish in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Take it out to lay the grated cheese on top and
sprinkle the paprika over. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serves 3-4.
- You can try using different types of capsicums to add more interesting colours to the dish.
- If you don't have the time to make fresh stock, try adding half a cube of vegetable stock with a cup of water.
- You can use any cheese of your choice but English cheddar is always a good choice.
- If you are a vegan, try using a melting style soya cheese.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |