Quick Fix Roasted Mixed Vegetable
Got a problem trying to get your other half or children to eat more
vegetable, and makes food shopping trip an impossible mission?
This side dish or appetizer is a really easy solution for those who fear
greens. The colourful vegetables and the slight sweet taste will divert
their attention elsewhere. Also an excellent quick fix for those who
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thick slices
- 1 green capsicum, cut into thick slices
- 1 large white onion, cut into wedges, or thin slices
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges, or thin slices
- 1 small courgette, cut into bite-size
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Worcester Sauce or other seasoning sauce of your choice
- A handful of herbs of your choice
- A pinch of brown sugar
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a large baking dish with a little olive oil, randomly place all the vegetable into the dish.
- Evenly pour Worcester Sauce and lightly sprinkle olive oil over the vegetable.
- Sprinkle the sugar and herbs over, roughly stir the vegetables with your fingers so that the oil and seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Roast in the oven for not more than 10 minutes.
- Serve 3-4.
- Serves best before main dish.
- Try other vegetables if you like, for example aubergine that is rich in colour.
- If you wish to use broccoli or other cabbage, make sure you slice them thinner,
as they take longer to cook. Or you could quickly run them under boiling
water before roasting them.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |