Pasta with Creamy Spinach Sauce
Submitted by Jane
I once tried this in an Italian Restaurant and fell in love with it.
But since then, I can't find this dish on any other restaurant's menu.
I've then decided to try making it myself, and after several trials,
I finally got the taste right! So now I'd like to share this meal-for-2 with every
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300g frozen chopped spinach, roughly equals to 8-10 chunks
- 1 cup Vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon basil or mixed herbs
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 30-50g cheese, finely cut, or shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- A pinch of garlic salt
- 300g spaghetti (or any pasta of your choice), cooked as instructed on pack
- Heat oil in deep saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir in onion, garlic and herbs, simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add in spinach (defrosted), and cook for about 3-5 minutes..
- Pour in vegetable stock, mix well.
- Add in cheese, stir well and let it simmer on low heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix wholemeal flour and corn flour in the milk, and make sure they are totally diluted.
- Pour the flour mixture in and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened.
- Add garlic salt just enough to taste.
- Sprinkle some ground pepper over it and serve with the cooked pasta.
- I sometimes add in some sliced mushrooms before I add in the spinach,
just for the fun of it.
- If you are a vegan, try using soya milk
and soya cheese or rice cheese to replace the dairy products.
If you cannot tolerate wheat, use only corn flour with rice flour.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |