Marinated Artichoke (Alcohol Free)
Of course you can buy marinated artichoke hearts off the shelf easily but making it from
fresh artichokes is pretty simple. You can control the ingredients and it taste so much better!
- 10 artichokes
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- A handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Trim the artichokes and remove the leaves. Cut the artichoke hearts in chunks and cook in boiling salted water until tender about 5 minutes.
- In a jar (sterilised by heating in the oven for about 10 minutes and left to cool), mix together vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, basil, and sea salt.
- Add in the artichoke hearts, stir well so that every chunk is covered with the mixture. Cover tight and keep refrigerated. Marinate for at least 24 hours before serving.
- You can use frozen artichoke hearts if fresh ones are not obtainable.
- This recipe does not use wine vinegar so that it contains no alcohol. But you can always replace it with wine vinegar or cider vinegar, if you wish.
- Basil can be substitute with other herbs such as parley, or you can have it plain too.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |