Golden Sauteed Croutons - Simple Homemade Recipe
Submitted by Eco Home Projects
We like making our own croutons from old bread to put in salad and
Tomato Soup. It is really easy and it saves a lot of packaging and money.
Plus, you can finish off those near expiring bread instead of throwing them away. You can also spice it
up like what we have here.
- 3 slices of old bread (but make sure they aren't moldy)/the ends and the crust that you didn't like
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Pinch of chili powder
- Dice the bread.
- Melt the butter at low heat, add in the olive oil.
- Add the salt and chilli powder.
- Put the bread cubes in and saute until golden brown
- Remove and bake in the oven at low heat until dry and crunchy
- Using a pair of kitchen scissors may actually speed up the dicing process, and it is easier to handle.
- You can make as much as you want to, depending on how much you need, or how much leftover bread you have.
Place them in an airtight container and keep it in a cool and airy place.
- You can control the texture and the level of crunchiness by adjusting the temperature of the oven
and the baking time.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |