Broccoli and Cheese Sandwich
This is something I've learned to make back in college. Used to save me from having
to buy lunch all the time. It is easy to make and full of
goodness - a quick lunch or midnight snack - the healthy way. A great packed lunch
for the kids, especially when they are not that keen on vegetables.
- A handful of finely chopped broccoli
- 2 slices cheddar cheese or half cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- Put the chopped broccoli in a microwaveable bowl, and top it with the cheese.
- Put it in the microwave and heat on medium for about 15 seconds.
- Take it out and stir it well, put it back in and heat for another 15 seconds.
- Sandwich the hot broccoli and cheese with the bread.
- Ready to serve.
- If you are a vegan, try using a melting style soya cheese.
- The sandwich tastes great on its own, but there is nothing wrong with adding any of your favourite herbs.
- Haven't got a microwave? Place the bowl in a large saucepan filled with water about half the depth of the bowl. Steam for about 5-10 minutes, stir constantly.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |