Bread Crumbs - Simple Homemade Recipe
Whenever we buy a packet of bread crumbs, we are buying convenience as well as all the excessive packaging.
This is one of those simple and basic things that we can simply make our own, so why don't we? We can
help save the environment by reducing packaging. Plus, it is really easy to make and costs us nearly nothing!
- A few slices of old bread (but make sure they aren't moldy) / the ends
and the crust that you didn't like
- 1 - 2 cups of homemade croutons
and skip straight to Preparation step #5
- Heat the oven to a low temperature (100 °C - 120 °C).
- Cut the bread into small pieces.
- Place the bread on a shallow baking tray and bunk it in the oven
for about 20 minutes or till bread chunks are fully dehydrated and crunchy.
The colour should be light golden brown.
- Leave the bread to cool to room temperature. Place them into a clean bag, close up the opening by tying
it up with a rubberband. Make sure there is no air trapped in the bag.
- Using a rolling pin or should you not own one, the back of a wooden spoon, press and crush the
dried bread into crumbs.
- Reduce the temperature and extend the baking time will make the colour lighter.
It all depends on how you like it!
- You can make as much as you want to, depending on how much you need, or how much leftover bread you have.
Keep them in an airtight container and store it in a cool and airy place.
- Having air trapped inside the bag will make crushing work difficult. You can use a needle to poke a
few tiny holes so that the air trapped can be let out.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |