Cassava Stir Fry in Spices
Submitted by Mana
Cassava root is often used to make sweet snacks, but we can also make savoury dish out of it.
This stir-fry cassava recipe is really simple and you just can't go wrong with it.
- 1 large cassava root, peel and cut into small chunks
- 5 cloves garlic
- 8 shallots
- 4 tablespoons dried shrimp
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon aniseed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander seeds
- 1 thumb size fresh turmeric root
- A pinch of salt
- Par-boil the cassava root, drain the water and leave aside to dry completely.
- Grind the rest of the ingredients using a mortar and pestle, till pasty.
- Mix the paste with the par-boiled cassava, and marinate for a short while (about half an hour).
- Stir fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Great with rice and soup.
- If you prefer, you can use a food processor to grind the spices.
- You can add in a little chillies to make it spicy.
- A little soya sauce can be added to give extra taste.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |