Chicken Stir Fry with Mixed Vegetable in Oyster Sauce
Chicken and oyster sauce is one of the most common combinations in stir fry dishes.
You can make it quite light and healthy but still tastes great.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 large green capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 small cauliflower (about 100g), cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 cm chunk ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoons light soya sauce
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken breast chunks with the marinade mix, for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok on high, fry the sliced garlic for about 2 minutes until light brown and not burnt.
- Add in the chicken and ginger and stir fry for about 3-4 minutes. Fill the bowl with 3/4 water and put aside. Add in the oyster sauce and stir well.
- Add in the cauliflower florets and the water from the bowl, and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Stir in the capsicum chunks and brown sugar, stir well and simmer for about 1 minute.
- In the same bowl, mix the tapioca flour with a little water (enough to make a runny paste). Pour the mixture into the wok to make a thick gravy in the stir fry.
- When the gravy turns clear and no longer powdery looking, turn the heat off.
- Serve with hot steaming boiled rice.
- Serves 2 as single dish or 3-4 with other dishes.
- Other vegetable good for this stir fry are carrot, Chinese cabbage, broccoli and other kale vegetables.
- If you like thicker gravy, just add in more tapioca flour; or the opposite if you like it runny.
- You can also try this with meat from chiken thighs.
- In stir fries, there is no fix amount of how much vegetable versus the meat. Feel free to add more vegetable or meat as you like it
or to suit the number of people you are cooking for. Just make sure that you adjust the amount of seasoning and gravy ingredients accordingly.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |