Broccoli Stir Fry In Oyster Sauce
One of the easiest stir fry dishes with very few ingredients involved, great as a side dish.
- 200g broccoli
- 1 clove fat garlic, thinly sliced
- A few slices of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Small bowl of water
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- Rinse and cut the broccoli into florets, and trim and slice the stem.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok on high. Stir in the garlic and ginger and slightly brown them for a minute.
- Add in the broccoli and stir fry for a couple of minutes then add in the salt and sugar and keep stir frying till the seasoning is well mixed.
- Pour in the water, put the lid on and let it simmer for a minute or so.
- Add in the oyster sauce, stir well.
- Mix the tapioca flour with a little water into a paste. Stir it in with the broccoli to make a thicker sauce.
- Once sauce is thicken and smooth, remove from heat and serve with hot boiled rice.
- Replace the oyster sauce with a vegetarian then you'll have a vegetarian dish.
- If you are first time at stir frying vegetable, you can par boil the broccoli prior to cooking to shorten frying time. Or simply pour hot boiling water over it for a minute or so. This may prevent the broccoli from losing its crunchiness.
- Some may prefer to finely chop the garlic instead of slicing it.
- Customise the thickness of the gravy by increasing or reducing the amount of water to mix with the tapioca flour.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |