Spicy Chicken Curry
More often than not, a curry tastes much better when it is spicy and not coming from a jar!
This is obviously for those who love the kick from a good old spicy chicken curry. But if this
isn't your cup of tea, we have the Mild Chicken Curry for you.
- 30g turmeric powder
- 20g coriander seeds
- 30g galangal
- 100g dried chillies
- 50g red chillies
- 200g shallots
- 1 sprig ginger blossom
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 whole chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 4-5 small potatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 100g dried shrimp, finely ground
- Milk from 1 coconut, neat
- Marinate the chicken with some salt and pepper, for about 1 hour.
- Cut the potatoes into halves, and pre-boil them till they are cooked. Strain.
- Blend all the ingredients from A with a food processor, till everything is pasty.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a deep saucepan, fry the ground dried shrimp for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the blended Ingredient B and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes. Add in the chicken
and potatoes, and stir-fry till the meat is cooked.
- Pour in the coconut milk and cook on medium for another 10-15 minutes or till it is boiled, stir constantly.
- Turn heat off or keep warm on low.
- Served with hot boiled rice.
- If a whole chicken is too much, you can use just breast meat or just the thighs and the wings.
- You can replace the potato with other vegetable such as courgette or aubergine.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |