Soya Mince Stir Fry With Brussels Sprout
A simple and tasty, spicy vegan-friendly dish to serve with steaming hot boiled rice.
Although some might be put off by the idea of using Brussels sprout, but believe me, the way it
is prepared here will reduce the sprout's bitterness. You can buy Soya mince
any health food shop or simply obtain from the process of making soya milk.
- Half a cup soya mince
- 15-20 Brussels sprouts, sliced/cut into 4's
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons tumeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground dried chili
- Half teaspoon corriander seed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- A pinch of freshly ground pepper
- A quarter of a lime
- Pour boling hot water over sprouts and let it soak for a while, then drain.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok and add in the corriander seed and garlic.
- Add in the soya mince and ground dried chili, and stir fry for about 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the tumeric powder and stir even.
- Add in soya sauce, stir well and pour in some water enough to just cover the sprouts.
Let it simmer till the water is almost absorbed.
- Keep stirring till all water is absorbed.
- Sprinkle the pepper and squeeze the lime over, stir it a little and it's ready to serve.