Roasted Tofu in Barbecue Sauce
I first tried this dish one evening, when I couldn't go out to buy any food and all that I had in
the fridge was some tofu and peppers. It turned out to be surprisingly delicious! It has now
become a regular feature on my dinner menu.
- 4 pieces tofu cut in 4's
- 1 jar barbecue sauce
- 1 red pepper, finely chooped
- 1 green pepper, finely chooped
- Half a cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chooped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaf
- A pinch of herbal salt or garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Put barbecue sauce, red and green pepper, onion, basil, and herbal salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Grease a baking dish with about 2/3 of the olive oil, then add in half the sauce mix and spread even.
- Put the tofu in the dish.
- Mix the remained olive oil with the remained sauce mix, and spread it over the top of each tofu.
- Put the dish in the oven and turn the heat down to 150C.
- Roast for about 15 minutes. Check if the sauce gets too dry, add a little water if needed.
- If herbal salt or garlic salt is not available, normal sea salt will do - as long as it is in moderate amount.
- Tofu can be cut into cubes, especially handy when you are serving it to children.
- Can be served with boiled rice.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |