Homemade Soya Mince from Okara
This is an extremely easy and yet economical recipe, almost comes with no cost at all.
Reason being, it comes from the remains of the process of making soya milk.
So instead of wasting it, you can make it into your own soya mince and keep for future cooking. And
you can save buying soya mince from the shop.
- Okara: filtered away, blended/milled soya bean, from soya milk making process
- Remove the remained blended soya bean from the muslin, into a large, flat baking dish.
- Pre-heat the electric oven for about 20 minutes.
- Put the dish full of soya into the oven then turn the heat off.
- Let it dehydrate for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the dish from oven and let it stand till it is cool.
- For gas oven, leave the heat on minimum, and leave the oven door open slightly, say, about an inch's gap.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |