Crispy Deep Fried Soya Bean
Soya beans are more commonly used to process
cooking ingredients such as tofu, soya flour, soya mince, etc.
However, there are a few ways to cook the bean from its raw form. This simple,
crispy snack can be made savoury or sweet. Great as a side dish with rice, or
as a munchie on its own.
- 500g soya bean
- 1 litre corn oil (actual consumption approx. 80ml)
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Clean soya bean thoroughly, then soak for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain water completely
when beans have slightly expanded.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer (or a large wok) till it is nearly boiling.
- Add in soya bean and fry on high heat till all beans float to the surface.
- Scoop beans out and leave it in a strainer to drain excessive oil, before
serving it in a bowl.
- Sprinkle in salt and peppr, and mix slightly.
- Serve when it is still warm.
- To make it a sweet snack, simply replace the salt and pepper with some brown
sugar and ground cinnamon or ground nutmeg.
- You can also add the fried beans when cooking egg
fried rice. Just add it in during the final stirring.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |