Creamy Pumpkin and Carrot Soup
This pumpkin soup is really easy to make. It is naturally creamy and sweet, there is no need for any added cream or stock.
- Half a small pumpkin (approx. 500g), cut into chunks
- 2-3 medium carrots, cut into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 litre filtered water
- Half teaspoon coarse rock salt
- In a medium size, deep saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Saute the carrot chunks for a few minutes.
- Add in the filtered water and the coarse rock salt. Stir well and bring to a boil, and continue to cook till the carrot chunks start to soften.
- Add in the pumpkin chunks. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer till the vegetable chunks are really soft. Use a hand blender, blend the vegetable into a puree.
- Top with a tiny dollop of butter and thyme.
- Serves 2-3. Great as a healthy light lunch with some whole meal toasts.
- A hand blender
creates a good texture as opposed to a blender that over process the soup. But if you don't have a hand blender, a masher will do the job too.
- Always cook the carrot prior to the pumpkin as it takes longer to cook.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |