Black Bean Soup with Cordycep
This is one of our traditional recipes for detoxing soups. It is often used
for boosting the immune system especially for those recovering from illnesses.
- 30g black bean
- 6g cordycep
- 3g pearl powder
- Rinse the black bean thoroughly and soak it in water for about 1 hour.
- Fill up a large pot with 1.5 litre of water. Add in the black bean and cordycep, and
cook for 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Stir in the pearl powder and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some sea salt to taste if desired.
- The cordycep and pearl powder can be bought from Chinese herbal shop.
- It is quite important to consume herbal soup hot but not boiling hot. Otherwise
it will lose its purpose of balancing the body temperatures and would also burn
the cells in our mouths and leads to ulcers. It is best consumed at not hotter than 60°C.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |