Beef and Radish Soup
A very easy-to-prepare soup that is also very nourishing. The radish is believed to have a
cooling effect so it's really good for those who feel a little down on the immune system.You
can often just leave it to cook whilst doing other chores. There is no additive or flavouring
needed, because its ingredients are acting as ready natural stock.
- 500g fresh beef plus some bones
- 1 large radish
- 2 small potatoes
- 2 large white onions
- 2 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
- A few black peppercorns
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sea salt to taste
- Place the bones in a pot filled with 3 litre of water. Bring it to a boil,
then cover it and let it simmer on low for 1 hour.
- Cut the beef into bite-size chunks and marinate it with the
dried thyme and a pinch of sea salt.
- Meanwhile, clean and peel the potatoes and radish; and cut them into small chunks.
- Cut each onion into 4 wedges, and break the fresh thyme by twisting them with your hands.
- When the bone stock is ready, remove the bones. Pour the stock into a slowcooker and turn on
the heat to medium.
- Put all the remaining ingredients, except for salt, into the stock. Add more water till it
is double the amount of the ingredients, and bring it to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and let it simmer for another hour or so.
- Add sea salt to taste right before you serve.
- If you do not have a slowcooker, carry on using the same pot and the same methods. But by
using a slowcooker, you can actually put everything in and start cooking it on low in the morning.
You will have a pot of hot and steaming soup ready for when you come back from work.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |