Salmon Couscous Gratin great for Leftovers
We had quite a lot leftovers after cooking a parmesan parsley crusted salmon with couscous.
This was a great solution to turn the leftovers into a posh lunch the next day, and was quick and easy!
- 1 cooked salmon fillet, flaked
- 80g cooked couscous
- 200ml bearnaise sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped/dried parsley leaf
- Set the oven to 200°C.
- Lightly butter 2 small baking dishes/large ramekins.
- Divide the couscous and place in the baking dishes, then top with the flaked salmon.
- Cover the content with the bearnaise sauce evenly.
- Scatter the grated cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes then remove to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Makes 2.
- You can of course, make this with fresh salmon and couscous; just make sure that you cook the couscous according to package instructions before proceeding.
- Can also try it with other types of fish like tuna and dory, etc.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |