Crab Meat Pasta Bake
If you like seafood pasta bake, you'll enjoy this delicious version that uses crab meat.
We've used frozen crab meat instead of fresh ones; tastes equally great and saved us lots of
- 500g frozen crab meat, thawed
- 200g elbow pasta
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- Half a red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- A glug of white wine
- 50g cream cheese, softened
- A sprinkle of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 300ml milk
- A pinch of rock salt
- Some ground paprika
- Cook pasta according to instruction on the pack, reduce cooking time by a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat some vegetable oil and sautee the garlic and onion on medium heat till soften.
- Add in the dried oregano and let it simmer for about a minute.
- Stir in the mushroom and cook for a few minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add in the crab meat, stir and mix well before pouring in the white wine. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the softened cream cheese, keep stirring till completely melted. Add in some milk or water at this point if it's too thick or dry.
- Drain the pasta and mix it into the pan with the crab meat. Mix well and season with some rock salt, remove from heat.
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Grease the base of an 8" square oven dish with a little butter.
- Pour the entire crab meat mixture into the dish.
- In a small deep pan, heat the butter on low. When melted stir in the plain flour to make a soft paste.
- Add milk gradually while stirring constantly to make a smooth bernaise sauce. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Pour the bernaise sauce all over the top of the crab meat pasta. Spread evenly to cover everything. Lightly sprinkle some paprika over the sauce.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for further 10 minutes at 200°C.
- Leave it stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting into serving portions.
- Serves 4.
- Fresh crab meat is a good option if it's an easy access. Otherwise frozen crab meat is so much
easier to get hold of and saves lots of time.
- You can sprinkle some grated cheese over the top before adding ground paprika, if you like.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |