Baked Fish Roll with Fruit Salsa
This light and tasty dish is extremely easy to make. It can be served with couscous or rice, or just on its own.
No major frying and boiling involved; just prepare it, relax, and enjoy!
Ingredients (Fish roll):
- Cod fillet, about 150g
- Salmon fillet, about 150g
- Some garlic salt
- A little mixed herbs
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil for greasing
Ingredients (Fruit salsa):
- 100g pineapple, cut into small cubes
- 1 small mango, cut into small cubes
- 2 tomato, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cucumber, cut into small cubes
- 20 black olives, finely diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C.
- Divide the cod fillet into 4 thin slices by slicing it horizontally. Do the same to the salmon fillet,
and lightly sprinkle and rub the garlic salt over each slice.
- Place 1 slice of salmon on top of another slice of cod, carefully roll up the two and secure the roll with toothpicks.
Repeat with the rest of the fish slices.
- Grease the base of a baking dish (big enough for the fish rolls) with the olive oil.
- Place the fish rolls in the baking dish, and sprinkle the mixed herbs over the fish rolls.
- Cover it with kitchen foil and place it in the oven to bake for about 25 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix all the fruit salsa ingredients together and keep it chilled in the fridge till the fish rolls are done.
- Serve with couscous or rice. Serves 4.
- Feel free to try it with other types of oily fish.
- Sour cream in the fruit salsa can be replaced with yoghurt. If pineapple or mango is
not available, do try it with other fruits such as apple, grapes and orange.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |