Baked Dory Fish in Lemon Sauce
Light and healthy, this simple fish dish can be eaten with rice or potatoes (baked, boiled, or mashed).
We like it with buttered rice.
- 2 pieces dory fillet
- 2 large white onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Half teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- A bunch of baby spinach (depends on how much you like to have)
- A pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C.
- Grease the base of a baking dish (big enough for the fish fillets) with some of the butter.
- Cover the base of the baking dish with the onion slices, and place the fish fillet over the onions.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan with the lemon juice, the Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt
and the basil. Do not bring it to a boil.
- Pour the sauce mix all over the fish and sprinkle some pepper over it. Put it in the oven and cook for
about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the baby spinach and steam it over a pot of boiling water, just till it's soft. Do not over steam.
- Line the plates with the spinach leaves and place the fish and onions on top. Then pour the thicken sauce from the tray over the fish.
- You can try it with any other white fish. They all taste great with lemon sauce.
- If you are not a big fan of spinach, feel free to substitute it with other greens of your choice.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |