Glutinous Rice with Chinese Smoked Meat
As Chinese New Year is celebrated over the period of 15 days,
we do have some low-profile alternative besides the must-haves. When you've had too much of meat and
fish, it would be good to cook something different with those smoked sausages or smoked duck you bought on that New year
- 500g glutinous rice, rinsed
- 2 Chinese smoked sausages, thinly sliced
- 1 chunk Chinese smoked duck, tear into strips
- 5 Chinese mushrooms, soaked for 30 minutes and cut into small strips
- 50g dried shrimp, soaked for 20 minutes and strained
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, blended
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan, quick-fry the dried shrimps and garlic paste. Stir in the smoked duck, smoked
sausage and mushroom and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in glutinous rice and stir-fry on medium for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the fried ingredients into a rice cooker, then mix in the vegetable stock, soya sauce, and sugar.
- Cook the rice in the cooker till it is done.
- Garnish with spring onion.
- If you do not own a rice cooker, try using a deep tray and cook in a steamer.
- Smoked duck and sausage are both salty so there is no need to add any more salt.
- If you do not have fresh stock, use a stock cube with 600ml of water.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |