Rice Choco Spice Cake
Submitted by Michelle
One thing I love in life and I am not ashamed to say it is food. And I would
really like to share this recipe with you. It is a kind of teacake I often make, that would be
perfect for an autumn afternoon. I call it my chocospice cake and it is suitable for vegans.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup corn flour
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons soya flour mixed with 6 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon carob powder or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup soya milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon dried fruit(could be anything from raisins, dates, apricots)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 4.
- Grease a baking tin. Mix the margarine and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the soya mix to the creamy margarine and sugar.
- Whisk it until it is finally blended.
- Add in the baking powder, ginger and cinnamon.Then add the dried fruit and the vanilla essence.
- Pour the batter in the greased tin. Bake for around 25 to 30 minutes checking from time to
time whether it is cooked.
- When ready take it out and let it cool for a bit. Serve with fruit and coffee.
- You can replace the soya flour-water mix with a whole banana or a cup of tofu. If you are not a vegan, you can use 1 egg.
- The method and ingredients can be changed to suit individual tastes.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |