Cod and Egg Fried Rice
Submitted by Foodynamax
You might love to buy egg fried rice from the Chinese takeaway, but fried
rice can be cooked with so many different ingredients to suit your own taste preference.
I've tried this one, which is fried with cod, and it is loved by the whole family.
Delicious and full of goodness!
- 2 bowls cold boiled rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200g fresh or frozen cod, defrosted
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leave
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, defrosted
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- A pinch of salt, or to your taste
- Heat oil on high in a wok or a deep saucepan.
- Stir in beat egg and fry for about 1 minute.
- Roughly separate the fried egg into smaller pieces, take it out and leave it aside.
- Turn heat to medium. Stir in red onion and basil, fry for about 1 minute.
- Add in mixed vegetable and red pepper, stir fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add in the cod and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Roughly crush the fish into smaller pieces while stirring it.
- Pour in rice, stir and mix well.
- Add in salt, mix well buy constantly stirring for another 2-3 minutes, or till rice is golden brown.
- Sprinkle parsley leave over. Mix it well or just leave it as garnish.
- Serves 2-3.
- Salt can be replaced with a few drops of soya sauce, it's all about how you like it to taste.
You could also add in some vegeatble stock for extra flavour.
If you really do not have the time, use 1/4 of a stock cube.
- You can try mixing or replace those in this recipe with other vegetable, such as green pepper, chopped celery, or broccoli.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |