Carrot & Yam Rice Cake (Vegetarian Friendly)
This is another variation to the Yam Rice Cake and
Steamed Rice Cake. More colourful
and exciting, you can also have it with any sauce you like.
- 100g carrot, shredded
- 200g yam, peeled and rinsed
- 300g rice flour
- 800ml water
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Grease a 10-inch baking dish with some vegetable oil.
- Cut the cleaned yam into 1-cm cubes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the shredded carrot, yam cubes, and 200ml of the water. Cook over medium
heat for about 15 minutes.
- Sieve the rice flour, mix it with light soya sauce, salt, pepper, and the remaining
water. Stir well into a smooth paste.
- Pour the flour paste into the carrot and yam mixture in the saucepan and mix
well. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer it into the baking dish and steam it for 35-40 minutes over medium heat.
- If you do not have a baking tray, you can use moulds, or even metal bowls or ceramic
bowls to steam the rice cake in.
- If there is any leftover, keep it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. You
can cut it into small pieces the next day and stir-fry it with some eggs and chopped spring onion. Yumm...
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |