Healthy Adzuki Tricolour Rice
This is one of the simplest savoury dishes with adzuki bean. A colourful mix of red
(adzuki bean), green (pea), white (barley) and brown (brown rice); it has all the
goodness of whole grain food and fibre. Imagine having it with your favourite stir
fry or curry. It would be a good diet balance even if you are up for a slightly high
fat meat dish. You can easily buy all the ingredients from a local Asian food supplier.
- 30g adzuki bean
- 50g barley grain
- 10g green peas
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 4 cups of water
- Rinse both barley and brown rice, and soak for about 1 hour.
- Rinse adzuki bean.
- Mix all ingredient and bring to a boil, then bring it down to low heat.
- Simmer till water is almost absorbed, turn off the heat.
- Fluff the rice immediately and cover it to simmer for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Fluff the rice again while it is still hot, before serving.
- If you still prefer to use white rice, do not soak the rice prior to cooking.
White rice has been processed so it needs no soaking.
- For those who like a little flavour, you can add in some vegetable stock
or chicken stock while cooking.
But if you are to use fresh stock in liquid form, remember to make sure the total
water amount is still the same. For example,
if there is 1 cup of liquid stock, reduce 1 cup of water.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |