Adzuki Bean & Pearl Barley Soup Reduce Water Retention
The Chinese believe that adzuki bean is good for blood circulation as well as being a beauty food,
whilst Chinese pearl barley's diuretic nature makes it a good source for detox. This soup containing both is
said to help reduce water retention. It's really easy to make; all you need to do is rinse, soak, and boil.
- 40g Chinese pearl barley
- 60g adzuki bean
- 10-20g Rock sugar to taste
- Rinse pearl barley and adzuki bean separately, soak for about half a day then strain.
- Boil the pearl barley with 500ml of water till soft, then add in the adzuki bean. Bring to a boil again then simmer on low heat till the beans are soft too.
- Add in rock sugar, stir constantly till it is all dissolved then turn heat off.
- Serve hot (but not burning hot) or chilled.
- You can increase or reduce the amount of water depending on your preference.
- This recipe serves 2 so you can eat half and chill the other half for later.
- If you are too busy to cook this regularly, you can cook in bigger amount and freeze them in small batches for future consumption.
- Rock sugar can be optional or replaced by honey (add honey after removed from heat).
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |