Adzuki and Mung Bean Stew
This adzuki and mung bean stew may take a while to brew, but it is extremely easy to prepare.
Rich in fibre, it is really filling and great for detox purposes.
- 100g adzuki bean (soaked overnight and strained)
- 100g mung bean (soaked overnight and strained)
- 30g hawthorn
- 10 dried red dates
- 1000ml water
- Place all the ingredients in a large stock pot.
- Bring to a boil then simmer on low heat with lid on, till the beans are soft and broken down.
- Season with some sea salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe makes quite a big serving. You can have half served hot, and freeze the other to have it another day or as breakfast the next morning.
- Some people have this with some runny honey and a squirt of lemon juice over it.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |