Adzuki and Mung Bean Porridge with Lily Bulbs
This recipe is believed to help maintain a clear and supple complexion: adzuki bean for good blood circulation, mung bean for detox and lily is said to be also good for detox as well as for the immune system. But we really do love it for its taste.
- 20g mung bean
- 20g adzuki bean
- 20g dried lily bulbs
- Rinse all ingredients and soak for about 30 minutes, strain.
- Add in about 500ml water and bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat till all beans are soft.
- Add in a pinch of sea salt to taste.
- Serve hot (but not burning hot).
- You can swap the salt for some rock sugar should you prefer it sweet. But add in the rock sugar before the heat is off to make sure it is dissolved completely.
- You can increase or reduce the amount of water depending on your preference.
- If you are too busy to cook this regularly, you can cook in bigger amount and freeze them in small batches for future consumption.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |