Adzuki Multi Grain Mix Stew
Submitted by Sue
I am hereby submitting his recipe on behalf of my boyfriend, David, who loves
his Adzuki bean and enjoys them on a daily basis for lunch. (Ed: you can buy
Adzuki Bean from most Asian food store or healthfood stores. Or buy online)
Equal quantity of the following:
- Adzuki beans
- Mung beans
- Brown Rice
- Black Eye Beans
Preparation (the evening before):
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cover well with water, bring to a boil and let simmer for a while.
- Turn off heat and let soak over night.
Preparation (the morning after):
- Bring to the boil again and fill into a foodflask to take to work.
- Enjoy for lunch or throughout the day whenever hungry.
- It is totally up to you how much of each ingredient you wish to put in. (David uses
7 tablespoons of each, but he's a big eater...)
- He finds that this recipe is so tasty, it does not need any seasoning.
However, I personally would use a vegetable stock cube, and he himself
sometimes uses turmeric powder or fenugreek seeds.
- David sometimes adds some Soba (Buckwheat) Spaghetti last thing in
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |