Adzuki Porridge with Lily and Lotus Seeds
This is a more jazzed up variant of the basic Adzuki Bean Porridge,
without the coconut milk and tapioca seed. It is much better than buying from the stalls
or the restaurants, because here you can control the amount of sugar used in the process.
Both lily bulb and lotus seed are believed to have good effect on women, especially on
- 200g Adzuki bean, rinsed and soaked for 1 hour
- 50g Lotus seed, rinsed and germ removed
- 50g Dried Lily bulbs (non-bitter ones)
- 100g rock sugar
- A small piece of aged mikan orange peel
- 2 litre water
- Run lily bulb under boiling hot water 2-3 times.
- Bring water to a boil, add in all the ingredients and simmer on low heat
for about 1 hour, or till adzuki bean is soft and pasty.
- Sweeten with rock sugar according to your desired taste.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- You can increase or reduce the amount of water depending on your preference.
- Use brown sugar if you can't get hold of rock sugar.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |