Adzuki and Lentil Detox Soup
Submitted by Jennifer Anne McNeely
I made this recipe to help me detox and it is great. The celery helps reducing water retention
and the adzuki bean and lentil are a great source of protein.
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 stalks of celery
- 50g adzuki bean (soaked overnight)
- 50g split peas (soaked overnight)
- 50g lentils
- A pinch of black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Some cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- Place the onion, carrot and celery in a pan with 4 cups of boiling water to simmer slightly.
- Add lentils, beans and water. Simmer on a low heat till beans are cooked thoroughly.
- Add the lemon juice, the cherry tomatoes and some black pepper.
- Depending on my mood, I would either add a vegetable stock cube or cook without it.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |