Adzuki Bean and Honeysuckle Flower Soup
Honeysuckle flower is known for its medicinal goodness, and adzuki bean is also good
for keeping us healthy. This refreshing sweet soup is one of my cousin's favourite.
According to her, it boosts her immune system. It can also help easing off tonsillitis
and dry and sore throats.
It is quite similar to adzuki bean porridge, except for
the honeysuckle flower used in this recipe.
- 50g Adzuki bean, rinsed and soaked for 1 hour
- 25g Honeysuckle flower
- 10g Licorice root
- 1 litre water
- Rock sugar to taste
- Place water and adzuki bean in a large pot, bring to a boil, and continue
cooking on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add in honeysuckle flower and licorice root. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Sweeten with rock sugar according to your desired taste.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- When having sore throat or mouth ulcers, I usually consume about 500ml to
a litre of the soup/drink for up to 5 days.
- You can use brown sugar instead of rock sugar if you can't get hold of it.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |