Adzuki Bean Vodka Smoothie
Shared by Brendan (A friend of Knowingfood.com from UK Utilties company SES Utilities specialists in underground leak detection surveys.)
This is a spin off from the Adzuki Bean Tropical Ice Smoothie,
with a little twist. What difference would a splash of vodka make to your summer drink? Just imagine sharing it with your loved one...
It's like buying yourself an effordable romantic dinner, with a twist!
- 100g Adzuki bean, soak for 1 hour
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 800ml water
- 1 cup of fresh milk
- 2 tablespoon of dried apricot (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of vodka for each glass served
- Rinse and strain the beans, pour them into a pot together with the water and bring it to a boil, then carry on with low heat until the beans are soft and the husks are separated.
- Add in the dried apricot and boil on low heat for another 30 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and boil it till all sugar is disolved.
- Pour in the milk and simmer it over low heat for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Leave it to room temperature, then blend it slightly to smoothen the beans.
- Splash in the vodka and stir well.
- Serve with or without ice.
- Vodka is not your thing? Go on then, try it with your own choice of spirit, say, Baileys.
- Try not to get addicted.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |