Adzuki Bean Tropical Ice Smoothie
This is another level of the Sweet Porridge.
Great, healthy way to satisfy the kids on a hot summer beach. Even the adults
love them. Due to its popularity, one can easily buy this Adzuki Bean Smoothie in most Asian countries.
Basically using the same ingredients as adzuki bean porridge,
but the coconut milk or milk is replaced with milk powder, to get a grainy texture
rather than solid ice texture. Or, if you have some leftover adzuki bean porridge,
you can just make use of it. Also see how you can jazz it up with vodka
- 100g Adzuki bean, soak for 1 hour
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 800ml water
- 1 cup of milk powder
- 2 tablespoon of dried apricot (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of sago
- 1 cup of natural yogurt
- Rinse and strain the beans, pour them into a pot together with the water and
bring it to a boil, then carry on with low heat until the beans are soft and the
husks are separated.
- Add in the dried apricot and sago, boil on low heat for another 30 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and boil it till all sugar is disolved.
- Pour in the milk powder and simmer it over low heat for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Live it to room temperature, then blend it with yogurt to a fine texture.
- Served chill.
- Dried apricot is used instead of orange peel, for a more fruity taste and texture.
- Feel free to add some vanilla essence or cinnamon powder to spice up the aroma.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |