Adzuki Bean & Purple Rice Detox Soup
This is rather similar to Creamy Adzuki and Purple Rice Porridge
but without the coconut milk. This much healthier variant is also a good detox dessert.
- 20g adzuki bean
- 20g purple rice
- Rinse both adzuki bean and purple rice, soak overnight and strain.
- Place ingredients in a small deep saucepan and add about 400ml water. Bring to a boil then simmer on low heat for about 1 hour or till soft.
- Leave to cool slightly, serve hot or chilled with a little honey to taste if you like.
- Serve hot (but not burning hot) or chilled.
- You can increase or reduce the amount of water depending on your preference.
- If you are too busy to cook this regularly, you can cook in bigger amount and freeze them in small batches for future consumption.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |