Adzuki Bean Banana Fritters
A tasty sweet to satisfy that afternoon snack craving, or to compliment your taste buds
after a nice dinner.
Both banana and adzuki bean are sweet based naturally, so there is minimal
worry about having a sweet tooth.
- 4 large bananas
- 50g adzuki bean
- 200g batter mix (you can mix 2 eggs with 60g of flour and some water, or buy the batter mix from shop)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- In a saucepan, cook adzuki bean in 2 cups of water till it is soft, and all water is reduced.
- Mash cooked adzuki bean into paste, and mix well with brown sugar.
- Cut bananas into 3 cm blocks, and make a hollow path (about 1 cm diameter) through the middle.
- Fill the hollowed banana blocks with the adzuki bean paste.
- In a bowl, combine batter mix with water to make a smooth batter.
- Dip each stuffed banana block fully into the batter, and deep fry till it is light golden brown.
- Apart from adding sweet flavour to the adzuki bean paste, sugar acts as a thickening agent. Therefore, if you prefer it without sugar, mash the adzuki bean before the water is fully reduced. Stir in approximately 1 tablespoon of corn flour (diluted in a little water) and cook till it is pasty.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |