Adzuki Bean Agar-Agar with Coconut Milk
This is another great dessert for the warm summer days. Healthy as well as delicious,
you can buy the Adzuki Bean Agar-agar almost anywhere in countries such as Malaysia and Singapore. It is
especially good for flushing out those toxin caused by too much barbecued food or curry.
Basically using similar ingredients as adzuki bean porridge,
and agar-agar, this dessert is really easy to make. You can also try Milo Agar-Agar, Chocolate and Coconut milk Agar-Agar,
and Creamy Coconut Milk Agar-Agar.
- 1 packet of agar-agar (you can buy agar-agar
from any Asian food store, usually 35gram per packet)
- 5 glasses of water
- 4 ounces adzuki bean
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Boil the adzuki beans till softened, then drained.
- Cook the agar-agar with 5 glasses of water. When all agar-agar is disolved, add in sugar, coconut milk and the boiled beans.
- Stir till all ingredients are well mixed, then take it off the heat and leave it to cool in a container.
- Chill it when the agar-agar is set.
- When setting the mixture, a metal container such as a deep baking tray is better
as it lets the mixture cools quicker. But in the event of unavailability, any
container or bowl of your choice is alright.
- When the dessert is all chilled, you can either turn it over and transfer it onto
another dish up side down; or just cut into squares and serve directly from the container.
- If normal strip form agar-agar cannot be obtained, you can use powdered agar-agar
too. The amount would be the same: 35 grams strip = 35 grams powder.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |