Adzuki, Barley and Purple Rice Porridge
This delicious sweet porridge/soup is really good for reducing water retention whilst it also detoxifies.
Not only it helps losing some weight, but if I wake up seeing a pair of swollen eye lids, this porridge
blend of adzuki, barley and purple rice, will be here to rescue. Won't take you much time to prepare
However, the elder Chinese believe that once it is chilled, it should be consumed
sparingly to avoid stomach discomfort. So it is better consumed hot (as long as it
doesn't burn you).
- 300g Adzuki bean, rinsed and soaked for 1 hour
- 300g Pearl barley grain, rinsed and soaked for 1 hour
- A handful of purple rice
- 800ml - 1 litre water
- Rock sugar to taste
- Fill a deep pot with water, add in adzuki bean, barley grain and purple rice.
- Bring content to a boil, then cook over medium heat till it is soft and pasty.
- Sweeten with rock sugar according to your desired taste.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- You can increase or reduce the amount of water depending on your preference.
- The amount of purple rice can also be increased if you prefer the porridge to
be stickier, and vice versa.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |