Adzuki Baileys Smoothie
Shared by Brendan (A friend of Knowingfood.com from UK Utilties company SES Utilities specialists in underground leak detection surveys.)
I have another way to jazz up Aduki Bean Tropical Ice Smoothie,
for those who love a little Baileys. You'll be surprised how good it tastes!
- 100g Adzuki bean, soak for 1 hour
- 800ml water
- 2 scoops of vanila ice cream for each glass served
- 1 cup of fresh milk
- 1 tablespoon of Baileys for each glass served
- Rinse and strain the beans, pour them into a pot together with the water and bring
it to a boil, then carry on with low heat until the water is almost down to the bean level.
- Pour in the milk and simmer it over low heat for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Leave it to room temperature, then blend it till the bean is refined.
- Place blended adzuki bean in another container, chill in the refrigerator.
- To make 1 glass of Adzuki Baileys Milk Shake, put half a glass of blended adzuki bean in the blender.
- Add in vanila ice cream and Baileys, blend for another 2-3 minutes, pausing now and again to get a better blend.
- Serve immediately.
- Besides Baileys, you can also try any cream based liqueur.
- Spicing it up with vodka is not bad too!
- Try not to get addicted.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |