Chicken Chop in Black Pepper Sauce
A simple dish that is very popular in Asia. Great for small dinner party, just increase
the amount of the ingredients to suit the number of guests you are having.
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon light soya sauce sauce
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour mixed well with 1/2 cup water
- Skin and de-bone chicken thighs, tenderise the meat using the tenderising hammer or the back of a chopping knife.
- Mix all the main ingredients together, cover the meat with the marinade and leave it in a closed plastic container for about 1 hour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a shallow pan, lightly cover each chicken thigh with flour and shallow-fry the meat on medium-to-low heat for 15 minutes, or till it is golden brown (depending on how thick the piece of chicken is).
- Remove from pan and drain excessive oil.
- To make the sauce, heat the sesame oil in a small frying pan and lightly fry the onion and minced garlic on medium heat till soften.
- Add in the black pepper, light soya sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the water-flour mixture to thicken the sauce. Add on more of the ingredients to suit your taste if necessary.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken chop and serve with your favourite steamed vegetable.
- The amount of pepper can be adjusted according to one's desired taste.
- There are other ways to cook the chicken: deep-fry, or pan-fry with coated bread crumbs.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |