Cranberry Sauce Salad Dressing from Leftovers
Submitted by Eco Home Projects
You often find yourself having leftover cranberry sauce from Christmas which you don't usually use on a normal day.
But you can always use it to make delicious salad dressing. It gives vegetable based salad a fruity zing, and it is rather low fat.
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix everything together in a dressing mixer, shake well.
- Enough for salad for 1-2 persons.
- If you have lots of cranberry sauce left, you can even try adding some in your basting sauce for roast chicken or pork. Taste the difference!
- The amount used is subjective to how much dressing you would like to have on your salad, so feel free to customise it.
- If you don't like the taste of vinegar, try replacing it with some lemon juice and white wine.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |