Sweet Corn Custard Pudding Low Sugar
Sweet Corn Custard Pudding is a very popular South East Asian dessert, which is so easy to make,
that even a first-timer would hardly fail. It is also better to make your own because what
you can buy off the shop is often too sweet. The fact that it is made of corn, the taste is
easily appreciated by anyone even the non-Asians.
- 1 cup sweet corn cream style
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup custard powder
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Mix everything thoroughly in a pot, and cook over medium heat till the
mixture is thick and pasty.
- Pour the mixture into a deep baking dish (whatever shape you can find)
and leave to cool before cutting into smaller pieces.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- The amount of sugar can be readjusted to your liking, as this has a healthier sugar level.
- Some may like it a little firmer by further steaming the poured-out mixture for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- If coconut milk is not your favourite, or not at all available, it can always be replaced by
fresh milk or full cream milk.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |