Coconut Coated Steamed Nian Gao
Submitted by Jun
Too much leftover of Nian Gao from Chinese New Year festival? Here is one of the few
options to repackage and turn old and hardened, leftover Nian Gao
into delicious snacks. Just buy one coconut and grate it, or buy some grated coconut, and that's all you need.
You can also deepfry it. Great for afternoon tea.
- 1 old (hardened) Nian Gao
- Freshly grated coconut (from 1 coconut)
- A pinch of salt
- Slice Nian Gao into your desired size and thickness (not bigger than 3 inches
length or width or it will be hard to handle).
- Lay sliced Nian Gao onto a shallow baking tray or a dish, steam it on medium
for about 20 minutes, or till Nian Gao is soft.
- Add a pinch of salt into the grated coconut, and mix well.
- Take each piece of steamed Nian Gao and coat it with the coconut.
- Having it without the coconut is another option.
- The snack is also good with English tea and Rooibos Tea.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |