Homemade Fresh Cherry Pies
- If the shortcrust pastry has been frozen or chilled prior to this, be sure to thaw or leave out to room temperature before rolling.
- Put the oven on 200°/180° fan.
- Roll the pastry out to about 3mm thick. Cut 4 circles of 4" diametre. Place pastry into the base of ramekin and poke a few tiny holes in the pastry base with a fork.
- Divide the cherry pie filling evenly amongst the ramekins, without filling up too full.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and cut circles of same diametre with the ramekins, for the top lids.
- Wet the top edge of the pie pastry with a little water, then cover the pies up with the top pastry lids. Lightly press the lid pastry
down around the edge to secure it.
- Use a sharp knife, make a tiny hole on the pastry lid for the steam to escape.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- If you are making a pie crust lattice to cover the pies, there is no need for making a steam-escape hole.
- Do not open the oven door during the baking process. Do not bake longer than 25 minutes as the pie crust will become hard.
- If you have any cherry pie filling left, use it as pancake topping the next day.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |