Make Your Own Mint Sauce From Your Garden
Mint sauce is great with lamb, but buying them in the jar can be an expensive choice whilst mint can be
grown cheaply and easily. You can practically make it fresh just before
you cook the lamb.
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup malt vinegar/apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a simmer. Add in the sugar then the mint leaves.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes to infuse the flavour.
- Serve with lamb or store in sterilised jars in the fridge (up to 6 months!).
- Pick young and healthy leaves and remove all the stems before chopping.
- You can try a few variety if you happen to have different types of mint in the garden: apple mint, peppermint, spearmint, etc.
- You can also use white sugar if you like.
Suggest a dish to us and we will try to source it for you.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |