Make Your Own Mint Jelly From Your Garden
Mint jelly and mint sauce are great with lamb, but buying them in the jar can be an expensive choice whilst mint can be
grown cheaply and easily. Once you have a healthy pot of mint in your garden you'll have neverending mint jelly supply,
and making the condiment is extremely easy!
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup golden syrup or clear honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons corn flour
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Mix all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Place on the hob and cook on medium heat, keep stirring until the mixture starts to boil.
- Reduce heat to the lowest and keep stirring till mixture is thickened and appears jelly-like.
- Transfer into a sterilised jar and leave to cool to room temperature before storing in the refrigerator
- Apple cider vinegar has a fruity flavour which complements the mint very well but you can still opt for malt vinegar or balsamic.
- You can try a few variety if you happen to have different types of mint in the garden: apple mint, peppermint, spearmint, etc.
- Corn flour can be replaced with tapioca flour.
Suggest a dish to us and we will try to source it for you.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |