Homemade Eggless Plain Bearnaise Sauce
Having to make another sauce just so that it becomes another ingredient sounds like a hassle. But it really isn't that difficult.
Here's quite a simple recipe without using any egg so those who have egg intolerance can also try it.
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 500ml fresh milk
- Salt and/or freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Pour milk into a deep, medium saucepan, add the bay leaves then heat till it is just about to boil.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter then add in the flour, stirring with a whisk till it is all blended well.
- Add in the hot milk gradually, stirring constantly. Heat the sauce on medium to low heat whilst stirring with the whisk, till the sauce is smooth and silky.
- Season with pepper if desire.
- Use it as a condiment in making lasagne or add in desired herbs and seasoning to make it a sauce for steak or other dishes.
- Bearnaise sauce cab be made ahead and be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Using cold milk will actually re-solidify the butter and make the cooking process more difficult.
Suggest a dish to us and we will try to source it for you.
| Adzuki Bean
| Festive Food
| Poultry |
| Stir Fry
| Vegetarian |